Friday 1 May 2009

I AM ALIVE and bringing you Dead Heart Bloom




I'm trying to remember the last time I cried. Someone today asked me if I did, if I were able to, or something like that, something along the lines of like "hey Ben, how can you pull all-nighters if you're not going to cry" and I was like, "I'm a mutant." She just giggled and said something about being delirious but I was serious!

Either way: here's some great great music! By that, I mean an amazing song that is subtle in its delivery but with a really catchy feel. It's got personality. Kind of summery... Maybe? I don't know. Maybe wintry. No! I've got it. It's a spring song. One of those songs you listen to while driving down a tree-lined road, straddling the yellow lines, the creek to your left, and no cars in sight, for the first time since you left home and now that you're back you've got the windows down and your sunglasses on and the sun above. You look up through your sunroof and you see the leaves pass by with the familiar woosh woosh woosh as the spaces between trees fly by and the birds flying between trees flash by and then you remember to look at the road and then you laugh to yourself because you almost hit a pole. But you saved it and then the song ended and you started it over again and again, letting it become your soundtrack.

Dead Heart Bloom - Flash in a Bottle

1 comment: